The aim of this accessibility statement is to give an accurate description of the facilities of Drovers Way Caravan Park and the local area for people having Visual, Audio and Mobility disabilities.
Drovers Way is in a countryside location, yet only 3 miles from the urbanization of Stockton on Tees and the historic market town of Yarm. Full details of Drovers Way can be found elsewhere on this website or within the Drovers Way brochure, which will be available soon.
- Roads: Drovers Way is landscaped to fit within the existing contours of the land and is sited on well managed, undulating grassland. Paths and roads are of fine gravel easily manoeuvrable by wheelchairs and easily seen or tapped by the partially sighted. Lighting is effective but unobtrusive.
- Mobile Phones: Drovers Way is within an area of good mobile phone coverage.
- CaravanParkAmenities: There is an amenity block with a disabled toilet and laundry facilities.
- Holiday Homes: All pitches for holiday homes are level with car parking for each occupant alongside. Many holiday home manufacturers cater for owners with disabilities and our sales team will be delighted to advise on this.
- Services: All holiday home pitches are fully serviced with water, electricity and piped gas for your convenience.
- Access to the Site: Drovers Way is accessed and kept secure by an electronic barrier system operated from within your vehicle.
- Assistance dogs: Drovers Way is extremely dog friendly and all well behaved dogs are welcome. As well as access to Tees Community Forest at Coatham Wood (only 50m from the site entrance) there is a safe, enclosed "freedom space" on the site. Plastic bags and refuse bins are provided for collecting dog waste which MUST be picked up and deposited in these bins.
- Nature Access: Trails around the site, to the lakes and the bird and wildlife hide, are of woodchip. The hide is accessed by a ramp with an anti-slip surface. Benches are placed at strategic intervals around the site for relaxation.
- Fishing access: Drovers Way has two fishing lakes in quiet, sheltered woodland. There is wheelchair access to the lower lake for fishing, with extra security for wheelchairs on the designated "swims".
- Medical Services: Telephone numbers for local Doctors, Dentists and Hospitals are clearly displayed in the Amenity Block as well as in the "Welcome Pack" provided for each holiday home owner.
- Shopping: Whilst there is no shop on site, the local supermarket (three miles away) has a shopping bus that regularly picks up from and returns to the village. There is also a late opening off licence and general merchant less than 2 miles from the site.
- Local Transport: The nearest bus stop is half a mile away, at the end of Coatham Stob lane; the road to this is tarmac. In High Season, horse drawn transport to this bus stop and the local pubs can be made by arrangement with the site management and is wheelchair accessible. Local taxis can be quickly ordered by telephone.